Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
1. Anyone interested in holding a block party within the City of Carbondale must submit a completed Block Party Application 21 days before the proposed date of the event. Applications must include an explanation and diagram of the proposed area for the block party.
2. There is no fee for a block party within the City of Carbondale.
3. The City Manager’s Office reviews the completed application to assure all information required is submitted. The application is forwarded to the Police Department and Street Department for review and recommendations regarding the proposed event. Upon their review, the application is returned to the City Manager for approval/denial.
4. The City Manager reviews the application and the recommendations of the Police Department and Street Department and makes the final determination of approval/denial of the application.
5. The City Manager’s office notifies the approval/denial of the event in writing.
NOTE: All applications must be submitted at least 21 days in advance.
(Include City, State, Zip)
(If yes, please answer following questions)
Applicant agrees to defend the City from and against any and all claims, suits, or actions for death or injury to persons or damage to property brought against the City arising from any alleged claims, suit, or cause of action based solely on the negligence of the City, its employees, agents or contractors. Additionally, the applicant shall indemnify the City for any sums the City becomes obligated to pay as damages arising out of such circumstances, except to the extent such damages are due solely to the negligence of the City, its employees, agents, or contractors. Additionally, the applicant agrees to reimburse the City for any and all costs and expenses incurred by the City as a result of the Block Party. The applicant is an authorized representative/agent for the organization sponsoring the Block Party.
I have reviewed the Block Party Requirements and Procedures and accept the responsibilities associated with this event. I have provided a diagram with this application. I request approval for this event.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field