Can I seek advice from the City Attorney’s Office?

Attorneys from the City Attorney’s Office are responsible for the prosecution of traffic offenses and ordinance violations issued in Carbondale. Since their duty is to represent Carbondale, they are legally prohibited from giving legal advice to people charged with crimes, including minor traffic offenses. In addition, the attorneys in the City Attorney's Office are prosecuting your case, and anything you tell them could be used against you in court. Your best option is to consult your own attorney.

Show All Answers

1. How do I request dismissal of a ticket for Operating Uninsured Motor Vehicle, No Valid Registration or No Valid Driver’s License?
2. When is my next court date?
3. What is the status of my case?
4. Do I need to appear in court for my ticket?
5. What do I need to do if I just want to pay my ticket?
6. Do I need an attorney for my case?
7. Can I seek advice from the City Attorney’s Office?
8. Will my driver’s license be suspended because of my ticket?
9. How do I reschedule a court date if I cannot come to court on the date on my ticket?
10. What happens if I missed my court date?
11. How do I vacate a judgment?