FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CARBONDALE - The City of Carbondale’s annual Residential Spring Clean-Up Program will begin on Friday, May 5, 2023. This program allows residents of single-family dwellings up to and including 4-unit buildings to dispose of household items and general rubbish generated from the dwelling being served.
To participate in this program, place your household rubbish at the curbside no earlier than five (5) days prior to your collection day and no later than 7:00 a.m. on your collection day (please note that items set at the curbside for collection after 7:00 a.m. on the listed collection day may not be collected as collection operations begin promptly at 7:00 a.m. each day). Household items will be collected from the curbside on Fridays, based on the following schedule:
- Monday’s City Refuse Collection Route – Friday, May 5th
- Tuesday’s City Refuse Collection Route – Friday, May 12th
- Wednesday’s City Refuse Collection Route – Friday, May 19th
- Thursday’s City Refuse Collection Route – Friday, May 26th
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AS A PART OF THIS PROGRAM:
- Electronics such as computers and computer accessories; televisions and TV accessories; blue ray and DVD players; MP3 and IPOD players; and other such electronics.
- Tires, appliances, or yard waste - these items can be disposed of by the City’s Landscape & Special Waste Sticker Program.
- Contractor’s remodeling or construction debris - residents or contractors must dispose of these items using private haulers.
- Hazardous materials, including paint, oil, gasoline, car batteries, pesticides, and other chemicals.
Please be sure not to block sidewalks, streets, ditches, or drainage ways with your items. Placing items and/or allowing items to remain at the curbside earlier than 5 days prior to or after 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day is a violation of City Code and may subject you to a citation.
If you have any questions, please contact the Maintenance and Environmental Services Office at (618) 457-3275.