On April 4, 2023, the City of Carbondale will hold an election to select three (3) City Council Members for four-year terms and one (1) Mayor for a four-year term. This election is for the City Council seats presently held by Mayor John M. Henry and City Councilmembers Lee Fronabarger, Thomas Grant, and Adam Loos.
The nine (9) candidates whose names will appear on the ballot are as follows:
- Harold J. Visser, 800 Charles Road, Carbondale IL 62901
- Carolin Harvey, 109 South Tower Road, Carbondale IL 62901
City Council Candidates:
- Adam Loos, 512 West Pecan Street, Carbondale IL 62901
- Clare Killman, 900 South Skyline Drive, Carbondale IL 62901
- Justin Zurlinden, 600 West Oak Street, Carbondale, IL 62901
- Lee M. Fronabarger, 1140 South Morningside Drive, Carbondale IL 62901
- Nancy Maxwell, 1408 Bobette Lane, Carbondale, IL 62901
- Thomas Grant, 5370 Springer Ridge Road, Carbondale IL 62902
- Joshua Dalton Liechty, 933 West Walnut Street, Carbondale IL 62901
Early voting at the Jackson County Clerk’s Office in Murphysboro is ongoing through April 3, 2023, excluding federal holidays, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Early voting for all Poll Centers is available at the Carbondale Civic Center on March 20, 23, 27, 29, and 31, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Additional information regarding polling places, dates, times, and locations for early voting, and mail-in or absentee ballots can be addressed by the Jackson County Clerk and Recorder’s Office by calling (618) 687-7366 or on the Jackson County website at www.jacksoncounty-il.org.
“Carbondale prides itself on providing its visitors, students, businesses and residents with a unique mix of edge and ease. It’s a cultural town, yet free of pretense, embracing the great outdoors as readily as urban sophistication. Here, we are open to new ideas, experiences and cultures, so you are encouraged to both express yourself and be yourself, in all ways. That’s Carbondale…All Ways Open… for family, fun, business, new ideas and a bright tomorrow.”