The Illinois indoor mask requirement and the City of Carbondale’s mask mandate ended Monday, February 28, 2022.
Masks will still be required where federally mandated (including on public transit), in healthcare facilities, congregate settings, long-term care facilities, and daycare settings. Additionally, private businesses may choose to implement their own masking requirements.
Under the latest CDC guidance, people are advised to wear masks indoors when virus circulation is high in their communities. Visit COVID-19 by County to view your Community Levels map and read about the recommended prevention steps.
Thankfully, there are tools to help protect us from severe illness due to COVID-19. These include readily available safe and effective vaccines, at-home testing, and continued mask-wearing in high transmission areas. If you would like to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, below is a list of local vaccine providers.
Jackson County Health Department - 415 Health Department Road, Murphysboro
Walgreens - 206 S. Wall Street; 1600 W. Main Street
Kroger Pharmacy - 501 N. Giant City Road
CVS Pharmacy - 915 W Main and 2431 W. Main
Other Helpful Resources:
IDPH Vaccine FAQs https://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccine-faq
CDC Community Transmission Map: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view
Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html
Finding Credible Vaccine Information: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/evalwebs.htm
COVID-19 Informational Links
For the most current information, please visit the following:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Emergency Shelter and Warming/Cooling Centers
- Emergency Small Business Grants and Loans Assistance
- Healthy Southern Illinois Delta Network
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- Illinois Housing Development Authority ALERT and Emergency Mortgage Assistance
- Jackson County Health Department
- Jackson County Health Department Public Health Alert
- Local Food Banks as listed by the Healthy Southern Illinois Delta Network
- Restaurants Offering Pick-Up or Delivery
- SI Coalition of the Homeless