Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information
City of Carbondale's Mask Ordinance Expires
With Illinois now in Phase 5 of the Restore Illinois Plan, the City of Carbondale's mask ordinance is no longer in effect.
Fully vaccinated individuals may enter City buildings without a face covering. Masks and social distancing are still recommended for unvaccinated individuals, per Phase 5 guidance. To review the Phase 5 guidelines, click here.
According to the state, upon entering Phase 5, fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask except where federal and state laws, rules, and regulations are required, including local businesses.
The City Council strongly encourages all residents to get vaccinated as soon as possible. To receive the vaccine, the Jackson County Health Department will administer vaccines at the health department in Murphysboro two days a week – on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. and Thursdays from 12 p.m. until 6 p.m. You can make an appointment at jchdonline.org, but walk-ins will be accepted.
For more information, contact the City of Carbondale's Public Relations Officer Roni LeForge at 618-559-1939.
Carbondale Mayor Mike Henry signed an Executive Order to assist local bars and restaurants with outdoor seating. For further clarification or to apply for a permit, please see below.
- Update #1 - COVID-19 Business/Employee Resources
- Update #2 - Governor’s Office COVID-19 Daily Q&A
- Update #3 - Carbondale Grocery Store Hours
- Update #4 - Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order
- Update #5 - What is Considered an Essential Business
- Update #6 - Governor Pritzker's 10-19-20 Press Release
- Update #7 - 02/17/21 Jackson County Health Department announces expansion of COVID-19 vaccinations
- Update #8 - Schedule your appointment for the COVID-19 Vaccine
COVID-19 Informational Links
For the most current information, please visit the following:
- Business/Employee Resources
- Emergency Small Business Grants and Loans Assistance
- Healthy Southern Illinois Delta Network
- Illinois Housing Development Authority ALERT and Emergency Mortgage Assistance
- Jackson County Health Department Public Health Alert
- Local Food Banks as listed by the Healthy Southern Illinois Delta Network
- Restaurants Offering Pick-Up or Delivery
- SI Coalition of the Homeless