- 5 p.m.
- 3rd Thursday of each month
- Carbondale Civic Center
200 S. Illinois Avenue
Carbondale, IL 62901
- Some meetings may be held at the Carbondale Public Library.
Meetings and changes to this schedule will be made in accordance with the Carbondale Revised Code and the Illinois Open Meetings Act.
Agendas and Minutes
View Agendas and Minutes of the Carbondale Sustainability Commission.
- Aur Beck
- Kevin Clark
- Jane Cogie
- Joan Davis
- Tom Grant
- Sarah Heyer
- Yoonseo Jung (CCHS Representative)
- Gayle Klam
- Isaac Ludington (SIUC Representative)
- Sustainability Commission
The Sustainability Commission is responsible for:
- Applying energy and environmental conservation principles throughout the City
- Increasing energy efficiency in transportation
- Recommending energy conservation in building code
- Recycling and the use of reusable materials
- Sharing information and expertise on environmental issues with other groups and organizations
- Studying possible incentives for renewable energy and energy conservation
- Nine members appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the Council
- One CCHS member, who resides within the City limits, is to be appointed for a 1-year term
- One SIU Student member, who resides within the City limits, is to be appointed for a 1-year term
- Two-thirds of all members must reside within City limits or 1 1/2 miles of City limits