New Resident Information

Saluki Dogs

Welcome to the City of Carbondale. Now that you are a part of our community, take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the following information.

Water, Sewer & Trash Service

To request a water, sewer or trash service connect, do the following:

Don’t forget to disconnect your water and sewer service when you move. All customers will continue to be billed through the date they disconnect service. To cancel service, contact the Water Office.


  • In certain areas, no more than two unrelated people can share a residence; be sure to check with Development Management to see if this applies; failure to comply may result in eviction and fines
  • To protect your health and safety, properties must meet minimum standards
  • We encourage you to find out if your housing unit has been inspected by contacting the Building and Neighborhood Services Division
  • Grass and weeds cannot exceed six inches in height
  • Sidewalks must be kept free of litter and debris
  • Inoperable or unlicensed vehicles can not be stored on your property
  • It's illegal to park cars in front yards and block sidewalks
  • Be a good neighbor to those living around you
  • Keep your noise down; if your neighbors can hear your party, it’s probably too loud