New Resident Information
Welcome to the City of Carbondale. Now that you are a part of our community, take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the following information.
Water, Sewer & Trash Service
To request a water, sewer or trash service connect, do the following:
- Complete the Water Connect form (Residential Online Form), (Commercial Online Form), or (PDF)
- Provide a valid photo ID (drivers license or state issued ID)
- For a residential connect, a deposit of $100 is required
- All customers receive curbside recycling pickup
- Customers opting into the city's refuse program should refer to the Refuse and Recycling Guidelines (PDF)
- To avoid delays, request service connect at least three days in advance
- Although the City provides sewer service to all residents, water service may be provided by a separate water district. In this case, you must apply to both utilities for service
- If completing a PDF form, sign and submit the completed form.
- For Automatic Bill Pay, complete the Direct Debit Bill Pay Form (Online or PDF)
Don’t forget to disconnect your water and sewer service when you move. All customers will continue to be billed through the date they disconnect service. To cancel service, contact the Water Office.
- In certain areas, no more than two unrelated people can share a residence; be sure to check with Community Development to see if this applies; failure to comply may result in eviction and fines
- To protect your health and safety, properties must meet minimum standards
- We encourage you to find out if your housing unit has been inspected by contacting the Building and Neighborhood Services Division
- Grass and weeds cannot exceed six inches in height
- Sidewalks must be kept free of litter and debris
- Inoperable or unlicensed vehicles can not be stored on your property
- It's illegal to park cars in front yards and block sidewalks
- Be a good neighbor to those living around you
- Keep your noise down; if your neighbors can hear your party, it’s probably too loud