In addition to the parking lots provided by the many businesses in Carbondale, the City also provides parking for just about everyone, including senior citizens, people with temporary disabilities, and those wanting year-round permits. More information on the City Parking Ordiances can be found in the Carbondale Revised Code.
The City of Carbondale maintains 1100 parking spaces downtown for convenient shopping. Parking meters are enforced from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Click here to access the Metered Parking Lot map and for information on obtaining City parking permits, or special parking privileges, call the Parking Division at the Finance Department, Revenue Division Office at 200 South Illinois Avenue, 618-457-3278.
Instructions for Payment
1. Return this Citation with your payment
2. Write Citation Number on check
3. Make payment to City of Carbondale
Pay in person at:
City Hall / Civic Center
200 South Illinois Avenue
Hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
After hours payment may be made at the curbside payment box located on the Monroe Street entrance of City Hall.
|FINE IF PAID|
|WITHIN 2 DAYS||3 - 13 DAYS||OVER 13 DAYS|
Parking Permit Information is outlined below:
City of Carbondale Parking Permits
Enforced Parking Hours
Monday - Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Senior Permits * code 18:12:12
• $8.00 per year
• Must be 60 years of age or older
• Valid at any City Meter or City Lot
• Not Valid for overnight parking within Amtrak lots (designated by signage)
Lot Permits * code 18:12:09
• Lot Permits are sold for individual lots
• Lot Permits are not sold for lots 5, 14, 20, 21, 22 & 24
• Not Valid at Street City Meters
|Per Day||Per Week||Per Month|
|One City Lot||$3.00||$8.00||$25.00|
|Two City Lot||$4.00||$10.00||$30.00|
|5 Month Semester||
(if Purchased within 1st (2) weeks of Semester Classes)
Amtrak Permits * code 18:12:09
• $3.00 Per 24 hours
• Valid for Amtrak lots (designated by signage)
• Sold only at Amtrak office – Cash Only
Amtrak Contact information
6:30 a.m. - 4:05 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. - 4:00 a.m.
*Vehicles with City Permits are still subject for ticketing if parked illegally.
Southern Illinois University Parking Division
701 South Washington
The site can be accessed here for more information.
SIU Parking Map - Available in (pdf) format.